Jim Corbett safari booking could be an overwhelming experience if you don’t have the right information about its tourism zones & booking procedure. Corbett National Park offers amazing, adventurous, and enthralling safari rides through which you can explore all the popular tourist zones of the national park. There are different kinds of safari rides available i.e Jeep Safari, Elephant Safari, and Canter Safari at different prices. You can witness the stupendous views of the forest, wild animals, mesmerizing landscapes, straight from your safari and it is the best way to discover the entire national park. Further, you can do the Jim Corbett Safari booking online by navigating through the safari booking website.
Safari zones in Jim Corbett National Park
Jim Corbett is one of the most attractive national parks with spectacular views in Uttarakhand. There are 6 tourism zones which can make your holiday even more memorable and exciting. Sitabani safari zone is not part of Corbett Tiger Reserve & lies in a buffer zone however you can experience rich fauna & flora in all the zones including buffer safari zones.
You may do the Jim Corbett Safari booking online or purchase the Jim Corbett packages with safari for any of the below-mentioned zones:
- Dhela Safari Zone:
Dhela Zone is one of the smallest but major safari zones in Jim Corbett National park. It is close to the town of Ramnagar. It is famous for tigers, elephants, bears, and leopards. Dhela zone is a perfect spot for bird watching also. If you are a Safari lover, you must experience it once in your life. Dhela safari zone is open throughout the year while some of the zones are closed for tourism during the monsoon.
- Jhirna Safari Zone:
Jhirna Zone is a well-known tourist zone in Jim Corbett National park. Dhela & Jhirna share the same entry gate. In this zone, you can cherish the beauty of tigers and sloth bears with magnificent views of the landscape. Moreover, the big Chaur is a popular place for sightseeing of herbivores, for example, elephants, chitals, deer, etc. Unlike Dhikala or Bijrani, Jhirna is open throughout the year & maximum of 30 jeep safaris are allowed in each shift.
- Dhikala Safari Zone:
It is one of the famous attractions located in the periphery of the Dun Valley. The zone is famed for its captivating flora and fauna, large grasslands, and the dazzling views of the Ramganga river. In Dhikala safari zone, you will also spot a plethora of wild animals i.e Deer, Pigs, elephants. Dhikala is a favourite spot of reptiles, mammals, and the Bengal Tiger. It could be complicated to get safari booking in this zone due to high demand.
In order to explore Dhikala, you majorly have two choices.
- Jeep safari – You must book a night stay permit & spend a night in any of the forest rest houses in the Dhikala zone to explore the mesmeric zone in your exclusive jeep.
- Canter safari – If you want to explore the Dhikala zone during the day & can not manage to get a night stay permit then the only option would be booking a permit for canter safari. Canter is an open minibus with a capacity of 16 tourists. Corbett Tiger Reserve conducts canter safari in the Dhikala zone only.
- Bijrani Safari Zone:
Aamdanda gate of Corbett National Park is the entry point for Bijrani zone. The Bijrani zone is the best place to experience greeneries, astounding landscapes, and wildlife species. The beautiful water streams, breathtaking Sal forest, and large grasslands catch the interest of tourists. Tiger sightseeing is also one of the attractions of this place for tourists. Bijrani is one of the smallest zones but it is still most popular due to higher probability of tiger sighting. We advise to book your safari well in advance as Bijrani is often sold out due to higher demand.
- Durga Devi Safari Zone:
This zone is like a heaven for tourists around the globe. If you are fond of natural beauty, then this is an ideal place for you. The place is renowned for the Mandal river, Ramganga river, Tigers, Leopards, Elephants, flora, and fauna, etc. Here, bird sightseeing is very famous on which a tourist can always count on. The zone is covered by hills, river & jungle.
- Sitabani Forest Zone:
Sitabani zone has more than 600 bird species which is always loved by bird watchers. This tourist place is popular for plenty of herbivore animals like Nilgai, Sambar deer, Elephants, and you can enjoy a wildlife experience with impressive forest views.
Jeep Safari Booking in Jim Corbett National Park
Jim Corbett jeep safari lets you navigate all the routes of the national park. It is the most thrilling and fun way to discover the wildlife and natural beauty of the park. The adventurous jeep safari is available in all the tourist zones i.e Dhela, Jhirna, Dhikala (only for guests staying overnight in FRHs), Bijrani, Durga Devi, Sitabani Forest zone, etc. Through jeep safari, you can explore leopards, elephants, tigers, Bengal tigers, and enjoy the lifetime experience. Moreover, you can view spectacular views of forest, flora and fauna, and an extensive range of wildlife species while riding which gives you a beautiful feeling. Also, you can do wildlife photography straight from your jeep to capture the beauty of the place. Besides this, you can visit the website for Jim Corbett Safari booking.
|No of jeep allowed||Zone|
|30 Morning + 30 Evening||Bijrani|
|30 Morning & 30 Evening||Jhirna|
|15 Morning & 15 Evening||Dhela|
|11 Morning & 11 Evening||Durgadevi|
Changes in rules of safari due to COVID outbreak
- A maximum of 6 adults & 2 kids is allowed in each gypsy.
- Due to COVID, Maximum 4 guests are allowed in each gypsy.
- Adults above 65 years & kids below 10 years are allowed due to COVID restriction.
Canter Safari Booking in Jim Corbett National Park
Dhikala zone can only be explored by booking the Canter safari. It offers you an unimaginable experience to witness the Royal Bengal Tiger relaxing and enjoying in their natural habitats. It takes about 5 hours to cover the Dhikala zone through canter safari and a maximum of 2 canters can go in the forest zone in each shift. While enjoying the safari ride, you will view many of the wild Tigers, Elephants, Hog Deer, Chital & other rare species that may not be found in any other national park. Alongside this, you will experience the sweet chirping of birds and the phenomenal view of flora and fauna. So, Canter safari is the perfect way to take a tour of Dhikala.
Important Information about booking safari in Jim Corbett
The Corbett National park safaris are immensely popular worldwide. Thousands of tourists travel to Jim Corbett National Park to experience the wildlife.
Here are some noteworthy points that you need to know about booking a safari in Jim Corbett Park.
Jeep Safari Booking:
- It is available in all the tourist zones of Jim Corbett National park namely Dhela, Sitabani, Jhirna, Bijrani, Durga Devi zone, etc.
- In a safari jeep, 6 adults and 2 children(5-12) are allowed at one time and you cannot carry more than that. Henceforth, you should do the Jim Corbett Safari booking accordingly.
- The safari ride takes place in two shifts during the day i.e Morning (6:00 – 9:30 am) and Evening (3:00 – 6:30 pm) in summers. Whereas in winter, the Jim Corbett Safari timings are Morning (6:30 – 10:00 am) and Evening (2:30 – 6:00 pm).
- To book a jeep safari, valid ID proof is required.
- For an Indian, a Jeep Safari costs Rs. 4500/jeep. On the other hand, it costs Rs. 7500 per jeep for a foreigner.
- The above prices are inclusive of all the taxes, permit fees, vehicle charges.
- November-June is the best time to go for a jeep safari ride in Jim Corbett park to explore the forest. So to fully enjoy the national park, you must do the Jim Corbett Safari booking for this period only.
Canter Safari Booking:
- Canter Safari is only available in the Dhikala zone.
- It is conducted in two shifts during the day i.e Morning (6:00 – 11:30 am) and Evening (12:00 – 5:30 pm).
- An Indian has to book the canter safari in 30 days advance whereas a foreigner needs to book in 90 days advance.
- It charges Rs.1500 per Indian and Rs. 3000 per foreigner.
- In one trip, a Canter can carry up to 16 passengers only. It is limited to maximum 8 people due covid restrictions.
- You must keep your ID proof during your Cantar safari tour as it will be verified at the entrance gate. It is to be noted that the ID proof must be the same that you have used while finalizing the Jim Corbett Safari booking.
- Canter starts from the office of Corbett Tiger Reserve & enters the national park via Dhangarhi gate. You must reach any of these places after booking your permit.
You can book your canter safari here.
Entry Rules & Regulation
- Private vehicles are not allowed in the tourism zones of Jim Corbett Park.
- ID proof is required to enter in the Jim Corbett National park and to take a safari ride.
- Liquor and non-vegetarian food are prohibited inside the park.
- Jim Corbett Safari booking is non-refundable.
- Cigarette and lighting fire is not allowed inside the national park.
- Yelling, bullying, or seeking to feed animals are forbidden. It is to be noted that if you break the rules, you have to pay penalties.
How To Do Jim Corbett Safari Booking
- For a Jim Corbett safari booking, firstly visit the website.
- Fill up the form and provide the mandatory details that include your Name, DOB, Country Name, Identity Proof details, Email Id & Mobile Number etc.
- Go through all the Terms & Conditions, enable its checkbox, and then click Proceed.
- Fill in the necessary information for the number of adults and children. Then, click Proceed.
- You can reach +91-925022222 for any clarification or assistance.